Tuesday, August 21, 2007

School Days, School Days...

The USF Jazz Blog has been conspicuously silent for a while. I, personally, have been blogging at my blog and Tampa Jazz Scene all summer. USF's jazz department hasn't slowed down, though. There was a farewell concert and trip to Europe (I was at the Aebersold Camps instead) and plans for this year.

The Jazz Grad Students will be getting together tomorrow and I anticipate to introduce you to all of us. Tampa Jazz co-conspirator Rich Van Voorst is among them (returning for a second MM!).

Look for announcements about the Jazz Masterworks Series and Monday Night Jazz Series shortly - I can tell you it's gonna be a good year!

Until then, check out this video of Jack Wilkins and USF alumnus Corey Christiansen playing Tenor Madness at the Aebersold Camps (shot by yours truly - with a digital still camera):

No comments: